Through fair, equitable, and restorative processes, Community Standards & Conflict Resolution encourages students to explore how decisions impact themselves and others. Community Standards & Conflict Resolution educates the UD community on standards of behavior, conflict resolution, and commitment to personal and shared accountability.
Community Standards & Conflict Resolution expects the following of students
- Students will read, understand, and abide by the Code of Conduct.
- Students know right from wring and will make appropriate choices.
- Students will take responsibility for their own behavior.
- Students will be honest in all that they do and will admit when their actions and behaviors violate the Code of Conduct.
- Students will understand if they violate the Code of Conduct and engage in behaviors that are detrimental to themselves and/or the community, they will be held accountable through assigned sanctions.
- Students will understand that egregious and/or repeated violations of the Code of Conduct will result in suspension or expulsion.
Students can expect the following from Community Standards & Conflict Resolution
- Students will be treated with fairness and respect and as independent adults.
- Students will receive timely notification of charges, status updates, and resolution.
- Students will have questions answers completely and in a timely manner.
- Students will be referred to other campus office or community agencies as appropriate.
- Information regarding a student's conduct history will be kept confidential, with information released only to those with a legitimate right to know such information.
- In certain circumstances, a student's parent(s) or legal guardian(s) will be notified when the student is found responsible for violating policies contained within the Code of Conduct.
Please visit the Community Standards & Conflict Resolution homepage for more information about our services, resources, your rights and much more.